HOW TO PARTICPATE IN OUR ONLINE ZOOM CLASSES
1. Download ZOOM https://zoom.us
2. Meeting room will open at 10 minutes prior. (Please check your emails for scheduled opening times). As you enter the ‘meeting’ please mute yourself & check your video is working. If you want, you can switch your camera off and train in your pyjamas! You can also train in your pyjamas publicly if you like!
Please mute yourself as you enter the room. You can also switch your camera off and train in your pyjamas if you like (train in them publicly too if you want).
3. The Meeting room will lock at 10mins after class start time.
You will receive an entry link via email 45mins before class start time. All you need to do is follow this link to get you into the scheduled class/meeting.
HOW THE ONLINE CLASS WORKS
As you enter it is important you mute yourself. The programme will change images as people talk and all background noise rom your end can be heard by everyone! Muting yourself on entry takes care of this.
Once everybody is in the meeting. The Teacher will ‘PIN’ their image to the screen. This ensures you have full sight of the Teacher throughout class. All participants will be muted throughout the class. If you have a question we encourage you to use the 'CHAT' to ask questions rather than unmuting yourself. Teacher's will regularly check in with the 'CHAT' to answer any questions.
HOW YOU PIN IMAGES & MUTE VOICE
To PIN an image. Hover over the box you want to pin and press the icon that looks like a pin! On phone & ipad, double tap the box.
The same applies to mute. You will see a microphone icon. Either press or double tap.
PAGE LAYOUT VIEWING
Check your page layout view. Found in the top right hand corner of your screen. You will have three options. For large classes where you don't need to see the rest of the class select "Active Speaker View". This gives you view of the Teacher (host) only. For smaller classes with the ability to see everybody in the class select "Active speaker & thumbnail view". This will give you the Teacher as the large image and participants in the thumbnail. "Grid view" will give you all thumbnails including the Teacher - so this is definitely not the best option!
OTHER THINGS TO CONSIDER
In large classes where you don't need your video on, please turn your video off. This will broaden the stream and gain better reception for everyone online. Participants being muted and video off will ensure the best possible stream to you.
To ensure you have the best possible stream from the user end, consider the following:
1. close all other applications on your device
2. where possible avoid multiple streaming happening from the same service
3. choose audio over video
4. ensure when you first come online to enter the class, along with muting yourself, please ensure you have the "audio to computer" selected. If you cannot hear sound from your teacher, this is the reason why.
NB: Please bear in mind there are unprecedented volumes during this extraordinary time, with everybody across the world online. From time to time, this may cause some degradation of service, unfortunately we all just need to roll with this!